The Employee Services Team provides leadership in a range of Human Resources functions to support and enhance the quality of the leadership and educational processes operating in schools. The team leads the planning, development, maintenance and evaluation of a range of employment functions, policies, processes and services.
Key accountabilities include:
- Catholic schools employment – recruitment and selection guidelines and processes including approvals, advertisements, employment contract preparation and management, preparation of Payroll Advices, and administration of Criminal Record Checks and Working With Children Checks
- Employment Relations: preliminary legal advice; Work Health & Safety (WHS); Workers Compensation and Return-to-work Co-ordination; Enterprise Agreements, negotiations with unions
- Professional Learning and Development: Professional Development database, NSW Institute of Teachers requirement for professional development; Succession planning and leadership development; NSW Institute of Teachers accreditation and maintenance of accreditation; NSW Institute of Teachers accreditation at higher levels; Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL); Teacher leadership development; Development of school support staff
- Schools' staffing entitlements and allocations
- Staff performance review
- Personnel administration and records
- Secretariat services including administrative support functions, reception and switchboard.