Financial Services exists to provide leadership and services to support schools in the areas of finance and accounting, payroll administration, facilities and capital funding, and information & communication technology.
Financial Services’ personnel in the four teams of Finance, Payroll, Facilities, and Information & Communication Technology work to provide services and strategic resources to schools to enable the delivery of quality education for students.
Finance Team’s accountabilities include:
- Formation and management reporting of the annual system and school budgets
- Support and advice to school principals and CSO leadership team for financial management
- System financing – receipt of and accountability for all government operating grants and other sources of income
- Financial control environment – development and implementation of financial policies and procedures for schools and CSO
- Financial compliance – funding accountabilities, internal and external audit at school and system level
- Financial information systems in schools and CSO - planning, administration, training and support
- Census and statistical returns.
Payroll Team’s accountabilities include:
- Preparation and payment of staff per conditions of employment across 57 schools and CSO
- Salary packaging – miscellaneous fringe benefits including motor vehicles
- Superannuation – salary sacrificing and monitoring of limits
- Compliance – ATO, various industrial and employment agreements, financial control environment.
Facilities Team’s accountabilities include:
- Advice and co-ordination of matters associated with the planning, development and maintenance of school facilities including capital works/grants program; interest subsidy; repairs and maintenance program; temporary buildings; audit of school facilities; demographic and planning data; energy and sustainability
- Ensuring school facilities comply with appropriate educational building code, health and safety standards
- Liaising with school communities to maintain the facilities at an appropriate standard.
Information and Communication Technology Team’s accountabilities include:
- Development and management of system technology infrastructure – wide area network across schools and CSO, network services include internet, email, school and CSO information system applications
- Project management and key contributor to technology projects and implementation of technology initiatives at school and system level
- Technical assistance and user level support for schools and CSO
- Support and advice to school principals and CSO Leadership team for technology management and strategic developments
- Policy and procedures – user documents, technical standards, procurement, compliance and risk management.