|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 10984||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 23 April, 2021|
|Location||MAYFIELD St Dominic's Centre|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||The Teacher Librarian develops and implements the school library program and manages the school's learning resources, in addition to undertaking the duties of a teacher.|
|Position Requirements||The applicant will be a qualified Teacher Librarian, and have experience in library management.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• A preparedness to embrace the ethos and values of St Dominic’s Centre
• experience in a teacher/ librarian role.
Note: New Scheme and Returning Teachers area required to be members of the NSW Institute of Teachers
|Desirable Criteria||• Teacher Librarian Qualifications, and/ or Special Education Qualifications.
• have an awareness of the need to promote the School Library and its services as a vital facility for the school community;
• knowledge of Oliver library software and information technology', or willingness to learn;
• must have demonstrable ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs;
• ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with library staff to ensure the efficient operation of the school library
• possess the skills necessary to successfully communicate with all - parents, students and staff;
• have recent classroom experience in a specialised setting.
• be highly competent in the integration of Learning Technologies.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Friday 23 April, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Rachel Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4968 1295|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume to be emailed as one pdf document (Ref: 10984) to Rachel.email@example.com no later than 4PM. Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*|