|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 10987||External Position||Closing Date: Wednesday 28 April, 2021|
|Location||ABERMAIN Holy Spirit Infants School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for the management of diverse learning needs programs K-2, collaborate with all key stakeholders effectively; provide assistance to teachers with personalised planning and in class support, curriculum differentiation; supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
|Position Requirements||• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, class teachers, school psychologist, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with diverse learning needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating Personal Programs (PPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Facilitating referral and assessment procedures with Catholic Schools Office Student Support staff after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Liaising with outside agencies after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Working collaboratively with and overseeing the work of other learning support personnel including timetabling;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files; NCCD data.
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Managing the school's special education resources;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||The applicant must:
• have the appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education.
• be appropriately qualified as four year trained teacher
• have had teaching experience in a Primary School.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively to explicit time lines
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application as well as Date of Birth
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to teach.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
|Desirable Criteria||• Demonstrated experience in assisting teachers with strategies for social emotional learning and positive|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 28 April, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Diane Murphy (email@example.com)||4930 4361|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details of your after hour contacts for other referees. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.|