|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 11014||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 14 May, 2021|
|Location||NEWCASTLE WEST Catholic Schools Office|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated Speech Pathologist. This position is temporary part-time (0.4 FTE) and is based at the Catholic Schools Office in Newcastle West.
This is a Parental leave replacement with the possibility of extension.
|Position Requirements||As a member of the Student Support Unit, within Teaching and Learning Services, the Education Officer: Speech Pathologist will provide services and support in schools (K-12) to build their capacity to identify and support students with speech, language and communication difficulties, and to implement school-wide intervention and practices.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Clear understanding of and personal commitment to Catholic education and the ethos of Catholic schools;
• Recognised qualifications in Speech Pathology and eligibility for membership in Speech Pathology Australia;
• Commitment to ethical and professional practice;
• Sound knowledge around current research and relevant educational issues in relation to students with speech and language difficulties;
• Extensive experience in administering language assessments for students (K-10) and in preparing reports for schools and parents;
• Experience working within the school environment and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, liaise, network and collaborate with a wide range of people in the school community, other agencies and service providers;
• Working knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). the Disability Standards for Education (DSE) legislation, Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) and their implications for schools;
• Demonstrated capacity to work independently, and collaboratively within a team environment;
• Excellent organisational, communication, and information technology skills;
• Current Drivers Licence valid to drive in New South Wales, and own vehicle;
• WWCC Clearance Check.
|Conditions of Employment||Conditions and salary commensurate with the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle Catholic Schools Office Employees Enterprise Agreement 2019-2021.|
|Applications Close||Friday 14 May, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Team Talent (email@example.com)|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||• Please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications should address each of the position requirements as listed for this position and provide names and contact details of three referees, one being the applicant's immediate supervisor.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
• Additional information re: the position please contact Kathy Gillespie - email@example.com