|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 11023||External Position||Closing Date: Tuesday 18 May, 2021|
|Location||MAITLAND, All Saints College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||All Saint’s College, Maitland is seeking a temporary part-time Science Teacher (0.2 FTE) to join the school community commencing Monday 14th June, 2021
All Saints’ College is a coeducational year 7-12 Catholic School which is part of the Catholic Schools Office, Maitland Newcastle Diocese. Approximately 1500 students and 200 staff spread across 2 campuses, we are the largest school in our diocese and one of the largest Catholic Schools in the state. St Peter’s Campus caters for our year 7-10 students, and St Mary’s Campus caters for our senior students in years 11 and 12.
All Saints' College prides itself on a strong presence in the Maitland community with a well established Catholic tradition. As a College, we encourage our students on their formation journey with a caring and supportive Christian environment.
All Saints' College commits to focusing on each individual child’s ability, offering a unique array of educational, creative, sporting and formation opportunities for the student. Our goal for each student is to grow into lifelong learners that value and build authentic relationships. We are a community committed to a safe and supportive environment nurturing the formation of the whole person celebrating continual growth and success.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff-wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Tuesday 18 May, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Marc Romano (email@example.com)||4933 6177|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to College Principal – Marc Romano firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees, two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. * Please note: all selection criteria must be adequately addressed for your application to be considered for shortlisting.* Applications close: Tuesday 18th May, 2021. 3:00pm|