|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 11506||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 29 October, 2021|
|Location||BULAHDELAH St Joseph's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||The Catholic Schools Office is seeking an experienced EALD Teacher for placement in a temporary part-time capacity at St Joseph's Primary School, Bulahdelah.|
|Position Requirements||• Experience in implementing effective early literacy strategies with EAL/D students from ES1 to Stage 3.
• Sound knowledge of the ESL Scales and the EAL/D Learning Progressions
• Sound knowledge of the skills and processes needed to effectively support the literacy needs of young EALD students
• Employ a range of strategies to support and motivate student learning
• Empathy with and understanding of the needs of students speaking English as an additional language or dialect
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team to support the literacy and English language skills of EAL/D students
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher and with appropriate TESOL qualifications
• Current references from recent employers to support the above criteria must be provided with the application
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Desirable Criteria||• Experience in teaching English as a Second Language to newly arrived students in Australia|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Friday 29 October, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Bronwyn Underwood (email@example.com)||4997 4189|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details of your after hour contacts for other referees. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.30pm on the closing date.|