|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 9174||External Position||Closing Date: Wednesday 15 July, 2020|
|Location||LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Joseph's College Lochinvar is seeking a Part-Time (0.2 FTE) Teacher.
St Joseph’s College, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1883, is a co-educational secondary school providing a rich and diverse educational experience for 940 students from Years 7 to 12. The College aspires to be a place of learning where students, staff and families are valued and respected for their uniqueness. The community of St Joseph’s welcomes all who are ready to actively share the mission, vision, identity and life of the College.
Located in the stunning Hunter Valley, St Joseph’s has a blend of heritage and modern buildings which include a Chapel & Heritage Centre, new Administration and Resource Centre, a purpose-built hall and associated Café & Hospitality Centre, as well as recently refurbished Performance and Creative Arts spaces.
• Become part of a passionate staff committed to the well-being, academic and spiritual growth of all students.
• Take advantage of exciting initiatives and opportunities such as our Flexi-Learning initiative, extensive representative sport opportunities, gifted and accelerated learning programs, dynamic aboriginal education & cultural programs, Ministry & Service initiatives, overseas exchange program and much more.
• Engage in a supportive professional development program that is highly valued, fosters innovation and the promotion and maintenance of high expectations and standards.
• Make use of contemporary learning models to assist you in delivering quality teaching and learning where students are encouraged to reach their full potential.
|Position Requirements||• Understanding of and a clear commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Catholic education;
• Ability to work under the direction of the Leader of Learning Support
• Capacity to assist with the identification of students with special educational needs;
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Principal, Leader of Learning Support, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Ability to manage Nationally Consistent Collection of Data protocols and processes
• Capacity to work as a productive member of a team;
• Ability to contribute to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Capacity to assist in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Proven capacity to use technology as a tool as a management and learning tool;
•Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills that are appropriate to engaging with students, parents and colleagues.
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
|Essential Criteria||• appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education;
• teaching qualifications and experience in a Secondary School;
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
|Desirable Criteria||• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 15 July, 2020|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Patricia Hales (Trish.email@example.com)||4930 7291|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria directly to Principal - Patricia Hales: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close: Wednesday 15th July, 2020. 3pm|