Thank you for taking the first step in considering applying for registration with the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
If you choose to teach, or work in a support role, in one of our 56 schools of the Diocese, you offer to be involved in an enterprise which is both challenging and rewarding. Catholic education forms part of the mission of the Church and is a shared responsibility and privilege. We welcome people to undertake this role who are willing to commit themselves to serving young people and their families and supporting the ethos of the Catholic school system.
Registration with the Catholic Schools Office for paid employment, in a teaching or non-teaching role requires the completion of the appropriate registration form, verification of identity as well as a Working with Children Check which is a prerequisite for anyone engaging in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. You must apply for a Check before you are eligible to register to work with the Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
It is preferable that you have registered with the Catholic Schools Office prior to making an application for employment, however non-registration does not preclude you from applying for advertised positions.
You can view the current vacancies by visiting the Positions Vacant page.
How do I register?
Download the various documents that make up the application package below -
- Documents last updated July 2014
- Registration for a teaching position in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
- Registration for a non-teaching position in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
- Diocesan List of Schools
- Information for teachers
- Minimum qualifications to teach in NSW
- Policy statement FEA requirements for staff in Catholic schools
- Priest recommendation
- Child Protection Code of Professional Standards for Catholic School Employees
- Fair Work Information Statement
- Merit Selection Procedures (October 2013)
- Letter - The Working With Children Check
- How to Apply for a Working With Children Check (visit online application form)
Alternatively, you may request an application package by phoning (02) 49791230, faxing (02) 49791369 or writing to the Employee Services Team at the CSO, 841 Hunter Street, Newcastle West.