|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 8360||External Position||Closing Date: Monday 25 February, 2019|
|Location||WINGHAM St Joseph's Primary School|
|Description||St Joseph’s Wingham Years K-6, Enrolment 128 The principal is responsible for the leadership and overall direction of the school, consistent with Catholic teachings, principles and values and proved educational theory and practice. Under the principal's leadership the school provides for the effective care and education of the students through facilitation of their spiritual, social, academic and personal development within the constraints of resources and available funds.|
|Position Requirements||The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) is responsible for the leadership, operation and management of systemic schools which educate more than 19,000 students in 45 Primary schools, 11 Secondary schools and one K–12 school in the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The CSO employs more than 1200 teachers and around 550 support staff. Our main focus is providing support for schools to ensure each student receives a quality education and has the opportunity to grow academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. We are looking to appoint transformational leaders with the ability to provide a visionary and forward thinking approach in maintaining the current legacy of excellent education and who will nurture the call to love and serve as people of faith. All teachers will be expected to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) required by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). Principals should be guided by the Australian Professional Standard for Principals. Both of these standards are reflected in the key professional practices aligned to the role of Principal.|
|Essential Criteria||• Practising Catholic
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and the mission of the Church through Catholic schools
• Postgraduate qualifications in Religious Education, Theological Studies, or a willingness to enrol and complete within four years of appointment.
• Postgraduate qualifications in Educational Leadership combined with a minimum of ten years teaching experience or an equivalent combination of experience, training and achievement
• Exemplary leadership qualities and a substantial record of achievement in creating and leading effective professional learning and delivering quality learning outcomes for all students
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and drive change and engender a high performing collaborative service culture
• A demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; to exercise sound judgement; and to negotiate with senior stakeholders to influence the educational agenda for CSO schools
• High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive and respectful relationships within and beyond the school community
• Ability to innovate, embed and apply new learning within a rapidly changing sector and global environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively optimise the school’s human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational and educational outcomes
• Sound knowledge of system and school Principal accountabilities, responsibilities and delegations
• Demonstrate an understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks including equity and diversity, work health and safety and performance management principles in the management of staff and the capacity to implement relevant plans and policies to ensure strong governance
|Desirable Criteria||• Exemplary understanding of, and engagement with, contemporary issues in Church, Catholic education, Catholic schooling and leadership|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Principals Multi- Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 25 February, 2019|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Jessica Mattey (firstname.lastname@example.org)||02 4979 1368|
By email (preferred):
Talent Acquisition Officer
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your completed application and CV should address the Community Consultation and criteria outlined above and should record your current NESA and Working With Children number.
Please download the application pack and additional school specific information.
Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment (attention Jessica Mattey email@example.com by 4pm on the closing date.)
Intending applicants are required to nominate three (3) referees:
• The Parish Priest of their parish of worship and/or parish in which they teach
• Current Principal
• One other (which may include School Consultant or Area Supervisor) Confidential Reports will be obtained from these people.