|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 8434||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 20 September, 2019|
|Location||NEWCASTLE WEST Catholic Schools Office|
|Description||This secondment will be considered for staff employed in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle with Principal support and right of return.
The Virtual Academy provides innovative and advanced curricula with local, national and global perspectives, which are beyond the scope of the regular classroom.
The Virtual Academy Educators work with a group of students from Years 5-8 identified as highly/profoundly gifted (primarily stages 3 and 4) to learn with autonomy and to engage with intellectual peers and expert mentors.
On site visits to students enrolled in the academy will be expected on a regular basis so car and licence will be required.
|Position Requirements||Virtual Academy Educators in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle are required to:
• Develop integrated units of work for highly/profoundly gifted students (Stages 3 and 4) using the conceptual framework and deliver in an online setting with opportunities for small group and/ or individual meetings.
• Monitor, track and report on student progress.
• Network and work with:
o other Virtual Academy Educator;
o CSO Education Officer (Gifted Education);
o virtual academy students;
o class teachers, year co-ordinator and or subject co-ordinator;
o Gifted Education Mentor (GEM);
o experts in the field of study and mentors.
|Essential Criteria||Applicant must
• primary teaching experience preferred but secondary teachers may apply
• have a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application
• be effective, skilled classroom practitioners who routinely work independently and collaboratively to improve their own practice and the practice of colleagues
• demonstrate classroom practices to meet the needs of gifted students
• develop project or problem based units of work to meet the needs of students working with extended or accelerated outcomes across a range of curriculum areas
• have at least five years teaching experience and accredited at proficient level. (APST)
• demonstrate excellent organisation and communication and ICT skills
• have completed Mini Certificate in Gifted Education (Mini COGE) or equivalent or postgraduate studies in gifted education
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Friday 20 September, 2019|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Rosa Tomassetti (firstname.lastname@example.org )||02 4979 1269|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. Please include a letter from your Principal supporting your application for this secondment. For further information regarding this position please contact Sally Brock (email@example.com). Applications to be emailed as one pdf document (Ref 8434) to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 9.00am on the closing date.|