|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 8536||External Position||Closing Date: Monday 19 August, 2019|
|Location||HAMILTON St Francis Xavier's College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for supporting the Learning Support Coordinator in the management of special needs focus programs, inclusive of gifted and talented, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
|Position Requirements||• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• The Learning Support Teacher works under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator;
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, learning support coordinator, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Ability to program and deliver Stage 6 Life Skills syllabuses;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating Personalised Plans (PPs) with class teachers and relevant stakeholders;
• Working collaboratively with classroom teachers to modify the curriculum and provide students with adjustments;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, NCCD files;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs;
• High level of organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
|Essential Criteria||The applicant should:
• Have the appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education;
• Have had teaching experience in a Secondary School;
• Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher;
• Record current NESA and Working With Children number on application;
• Applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to teach.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 19 August, 2019|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Julia Lederwasch (email@example.com)||4961 2863|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.|