|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 8573||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 20 September, 2019|
|Location||MAITLAND St John the Baptist Primary School|
|Description||(K - 6, Enrolment 316)
The coordinator is a member of the School's executive team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal and Religious Education Coordinator. As a member of this team, the Coordinator will offer assistance and support in:
• the day to day operation of the School
• promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
• the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
• the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
• the implementation of the School's policies and procedures
• the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the executive team
|Position Requirements||Demonstrate capacity to:
• Implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives.
• Lead and support colleague teachers to improve student learning.
• Contribute to the development of quality teaching within a contemporary learning environment.
• Co-ordinate, evaluate and update WHS processes and requirements.
• Co-ordinate and Facilitate Pathway Sports within the school.
|Essential Criteria||• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012 and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to Teach
• applicants must be a practising Catholic
• applicants must have a sound understanding of and commitment to Catholic education
• applicants must be able to demonstrate positive relations with students, staff, parents and clergy and to work effectively as a member of a team
• be appropriately qualified as a 4 year trained teacher
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA
|Desirable Criteria||• ability to show initiative and strong leadership skills within the school
• able to work in a collaborative manner with the school staff
• ability to contribute to strategic planning, policy formation and implementation of the school annual plan
|Conditions of Employment||The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 2 (currently $15,592 p.a.). Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to enrolments and a satisfactory performance review.|
|Applications Close||Friday 20 September, 2019|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Peter Treloar (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4933 5613|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||Referees Applicants should nominate at least three (3) referees, one of whom must be a parish priest and two other persons one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant. Selection procedure will involve an interview. Intending applicants should carefully consider the criteria before submitting their application. The letter of application should address both the essential and desirable criteria as outlined above. Applications will be received up until 3.00pm on the closing date.|