|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 8829||External Position||Closing Date: Friday 22 November, 2019|
|Location||BRANXTON Rosary Park Catholic School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for the management of special needs focus programs, inclusive of gifted and talented, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
|Position Requirements||• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating individual Education Programs (IEPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Facilitating referral and assessment procedures with Catholic Schools Office Student Support staff after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Liaising with outside agencies after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Working collaboratively with and overseeing the work of other learning support personnel;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Managing the school's special education resources;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
|Essential Criteria||The applicant must:
• have the appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education.
• be appropriately qualified as four year trained teacher
• have had teaching experience in a Primary School.
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application as well as Date of Birth
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to teach.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Friday 22 November, 2019|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Sallyanne Stanbridge (email@example.com)||4938 1541|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details of your parish priest as well as after hour contacts for other referees. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.|