|Share this Job:|
|Reference No : 9085||External Position||Closing Date: Monday 20 January, 2020|
|Location||GATESHEAD St Mary's Catholic College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Mary’s Catholic College is seeking a part-time (0.5) temporary Learning Support Teache for Term 1, 2020
The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for supporting the Learning Support Coordinator in the management of special needs focus programs, inclusive of gifted and talented, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
|Position Requirements||• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• The Learning Support Teacher works under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator.
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, learning support coordinator, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating individual Education Programs (IEPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Working collaboratively with and overseeing the work of other learning support personnel;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
|Essential Criteria||The applicant should:
• have the appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education
• have had teaching experience in a Secondary School
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
|Desirable Criteria||• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 20 January, 2020|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Larry Keating (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4944 4800|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||Benefits including:
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation. To apply: Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Larry Keating: email@example.com Applications close:Monday 20th January 2020, 9am. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*