Rosary Park Catholic Primary School, Branxton, is a Kindergarten to Year 6 school and one of the newest Catholic Primary Schools to be built in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
In response to the needs of the Catholic community of Branxton, Greta and the surrounding districts, the first Catholic school was established in 1886 by Sisters of Mercy, Singleton Congregation. A school was built on the St Brigid’s site and it was decided that the infant children would be accommodated at St Mary’s, Greta, and the primary children would attend St Brigid’s, Branxton.
After 125 years of schooling, the infants school of St Mary's Greta and St Brigid's Primary became one on the same site. 2011 was a period of transformation and transition; a year of hard work and vision; a time of change and new beginnings.
Rosary Park was established for the community on land donated by the Branxton/Greta Parish. The opening of the school in Term 4, 2011, was a pinnacle in the year.
Rosary Park now accommodates nine classes from Kindergarten to Year 6. In Term 1, 2016, two Kindergarten classes and a 2/3 composite class were created to cater for the expanding population in the area. Future plans have been drawn up that will allow for an expansion to double stream as the area grows. Students are taught by lay teachers who work with priests, parents, parishioners and the Catholic Schools Office to pursue excellence in all areas of school life.
Rosary Park strives to develop an Australian spirituality that reflects its Catholic story, whilst also recognising the significance of the traditional land upon which it has established learning roots and its owners.