Since 1981, parents in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle have had an active diocesan parent organisation to represent their voice.
The Federation links more than 50 local Parents & Friends Associations in this diocese. Its aim is to promote and foster school parent organisations.
Activities of the Federation have included: lobbying in state and federal elections, road and bus safety issues for our school children, supporting volunteers in schools, lobbying and support for children and families with special needs, publication of a Homework Handbook for parents, as well as running a program of education days and seminars.
An elected delegate of the Federation represents the diocese on the Council of Catholic School Parents.
The documents below are a selection of resources that you can use within your own school's P&F Associations. These documents have been produced by the Federation of Parents & Friends Associations, Maitland-Newcastle Diocese.
- P&F Resource Manual (2017)
- Constitution for your P&F Association (1993) *current as at 31/01/2017
- Federation Constitution document (2013) *current as at 31/01/2017
- Sample P&F Brochure (2017)
- Useful Links for Parents (2017)
- Canteen Resource Manual (2017)
- Canteen Volunteers Welcome Kit
- School Canteen Policy (2017)