The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) and schools in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle are committed to providing a positive, safe environment for all staff and students. There are occasions, however, when members of our schools and wider community are concerned about something happening at a school that appears to be unsatisfactory or unreasonable.
Complaint of Abuse or Neglect
If your complaint alleges a child or group of children were abused or neglected by an adult or another child, the complaint should be reported to the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle’s Office of Safeguarding. P | 4979 1390 during office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Office of Safeguarding website.
Dispute Resolution involves the people who are in dispute talking about the issues and coming to an agreement on how these issues may be resolved.
What are the benefits?
- flexible and responsive to the needs of the people involved
- provides an opportunity for concerns to be resolved more quickly than most formal processes
- gives the participants the right to make a commitment to a decision they have determined themselves through the dispute resolution process
- designed to preserve goodwill between the people involve, which is especially important when there is a shared commitment for the relationship to continue
- has a future focus and is not a process for testing facts or making findings.
For a matter to be eligible for Dispute Resolution:
- there will be an absence of significant safety concerns
- the issues will relate to a service provided by the Diocese
- a diocesan working will be involved, and
- there will be a shared commitment from all participants for their working relationship to continue.
Catholic Schools Office
841 Hunter Street, Newcastle West NSW 2302
PO Box 714 Newcastle NSW 2300
P | 02 4979 1200
F | 02 4979 1209
E | email@example.com
Office of Safeguarding
50 Crebert Street, Mayfield NSW 2304
P | 02 4979 1390
E | firstname.lastname@example.org