St Columba's Primary School, Adamstown is an extraordinary Catholic primary school with a long tradition of delivering quality educational experiences for students which focus on the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students.
As a Catholic school, we are called to act with compassion and empathy, to respect and care for our world and for the most vulnerable, to promote inclusion and provide community. The Making Jesus Real philosophy is a central facet of the everyday life of our school and aims to promote the values of the Gospel in ways that are relatable and relevant to children.
Fostering a love of learning is important in all aspects of school life at St Columba’s. Students are encouraged to develop their self-expression, self-conﬁdence and self-awareness both inside and outside the classroom. They are provided many opportunities to engage in extracurricular educational and cultural experiences including Mini Vinnies, choir, debating, public speaking, coding and maths Olympiad and Children’s University.
Students attend weekly lessons with a specialist music, dance & drama teacher where they are exposed to a variety of opportunities to express themselves artistically. St Columba’s presents biennial whole school musical/drama performances where participation of every child is integral to the performance. St Columba’s also supports the Diocesan Aspire program.
St Columba’s ensures that physical activity and healthy living is a vital part of the student’s weekly routine and aims to increase opportunities for students to be more active, make friends, build proﬁciency in fundamental skills and learn physical and social skills on the ﬁeld. Students have the opportunity to compete at representative levels in a variety of sports.
Play is recognised as a vital element of learning with the school participating in the Successful Foundations program for early learning. St Columba’s has an outdoor multi-purpose learning environment that focuses on aspects of outdoor and natural play.
As we look ahead to the next chapter of our school’s history we see ourselves as a school for the future:
- A school that has a rich, relevant and engaging approach to learning and teaching while preserving a tradition of care and wellbeing.
- A school where children truly flourish socially and emotionally as well as academically.
- A school that works together with its community as partners in education.
- A school where the future is seen as an exciting new frontier where opportunities abound for each child in our care.
- A school that keeps at its heart the Mercy values upon which it has been built: compassion, respect, integrity, justice, hope and joy.
- A school that clearly sets its sights on providing learning that is engaging, rigorous, purposeful and meets the needs of learning for the future.
- A school that understands its place within the bigger global context and acknowledges and accepts the responsibility and challenges that come with this.
St Columba’s recognises the vital role parents play in the education of their children and encourages them to be involved in a wide range of areas including the school’s Parents & Friends Association, school celebrations, reading/learning programs, excursions, sporting activities and the school canteen.
A Before and After School Care service is provided by Adamstown OOSH Inc for students of St Columba’s, catering for students ﬁve days a week from 7.30am in the morning and 3.00pm in the afternoon.
Students of St Columba's Primary School, Adamstown are encouraged to continue their Catholic education by attending St Pius X High School, Adamstown.