Leading for Learning and Impact Program
QELI Leading for Learning and Impact Program
Who Should Attend?
The Leading for Learning and Impact Program is suited for beginning principals and experienced middle leaders aspiring to principalship.
Leading for Learning and Impact Program 2022
Invitations to Join New Cohort in June 2022
Beginning Principals, Assistant Principals, RECs, MCs and Middle Leaders are invited to participate in this leadership program, beginning in June 2022.
The Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has partnered with QELI to deliver the Leading for Learning and Impact Program, an 18-month, multi-modal program based on the principles of adult learning. The program will enable beginning principals and middle leaders aspiring to leadership to gain exposure to, and learn from, high-quality leadership practices with a particular focus on pedagogical leadership.
The program will centre on supporting the creation of expert teaching teams and ensuring effective pedagogical practices within the school context. A core aspect of the program is the identification and undertaking of a Leadership Challenge Action Project (LCAP). The program promotes a culture of willingness to support others in their learning and to know how to do this by providing expert input and coaching.
The Leading for Learning and Impact Program will focus on the development of leadership knowledge and skills relating to:
- Authentic Leadership – understanding self as leader of others
- Building trust and credibility to positively influence change and growth
- Leading teaching and learning
- Understanding the neuroscience of leading self and others
- Use of collaboration, feedback, and the development of high performing teams
- Exploring leadership styles
- Professional conversations
- Wellbeing and resilience
- 18-month, multi-modal program
- 360-degree GENOS Emotional Intelligence survey and one-hour debrief
- Three, one-hour leadership coaching sessions
- Combination of theory and practice
- Reading and reflecting on key ‘think’ pieces
- Discussions and activities with your facilitator and program participants in workshops
- Development of a Leadership Challenge Action Project (LCAP)
- Presentation of LCAP success
- Collegiate networking
- Aligned with the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) Australian Professional Standards
QELi is an innovative not-for-profit institute committed to delivering excellence in leadership by supporting education leaders from government and non-government sectors, across Australia and internationally, to establish a strong vision, improve student outcomes and lead change in their school context and wider school communities. We support educators at every level – from teachers to principals and system leaders – and corporate services and school support staff to develop leadership capabilities, maximise their potential and reach their leadership goals.